Gate’s law says “Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do it 10 years”.
- Business: I have been running Coalition for 7 years and involved in the SEO industry full time for 10 years. I have been a manager of others for 5 years.
- Physical: I have been exercising for 15 years and am in pretty good shape.
- Mental: Not sure how to assess things here….
- Emotional: I am at the best point emotionally of my life: I understand what I need to be stable and happy.
A foreign power attempting to influence the election in another country is an act of war. Encouraging a foreign power to steal information from your country is an act of treason.
Donald Trump asked for Russian spies to hack the servers of the DNC in an attempt to gain power for himself. He gave Russia, a very unfriendly nation run by a dictator, permission to attack United States infrastructure.
Donald Trump is a traitor.
Two days ago Trump asked Russian spies to hack Clintons email server.http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/27/trump-russia-hacking/
Today they did.
Trump is a traitor.
I am looking back today at some of my emails from July of 2012 and I am seeing that I need to offer my team more positive encouragement and feedback. I know that we are in a tough, competitive business and oftentimes our team gets held to very high expectations. If I can offer more encouragement, I think it will keep people focused and motivated at a higher level.
Yesterday I went for a run on the Orting Trail with Laurel and Jimmy. My usual running pace for six miles is around 10 minutes a mile, but yesterday we ran probably 8:40 miles. Running with others helped me push myself at a higher pace than I usually go. I think maybe I should try to join a running group to help hold me accountable for running faster in the future.
In today’s reflection, I m looking back to November 2013. I am searching through my old emails and just seeing what was going on and what I can learn from it and apply to my life in the future.
- At that time we had some account managers that were out of touch with production, so I suggested to my managers that we tie them in closer.
- Jordan had a concern with the quality of the analytics analysis by our production manager. I feel like Bridget is doing a pretty solid job here now.
- I wanted to buy several epipens for my allergies to bees
- Talking to a friend who is the Showrunner for that Duck lures reality show about helping him with his show idea for “Red Hot Fish”
- Negotiating the lease for the new office space. Thank god our broker did a good job here because my neighbor with the same amount of space got hit with $26,000 in fees and I only had $600 because my lease protected me.
- Fought a chargeback from a scammy company called Empire Gold Buyers…. biggest ripoffs ever.
- Jimmy my cousin resigned from helping with Digital Auto Gauges.
- We had a weak digital producer who said he couldn’t handle his work, tried coaching him in how to do better.
Also, I had a nightmare last night that I had sold the company and the new owners fired me as CEO and I was devastated and angry and fought to get back… Weird dream. I am committed to Coalition long term… don’t know what else I could do that I would receive more challenge and enjoyment from.
As part of my ongoing effort to reflect on the past, I have looked up archives from the New York Times from 1939- 1941 here http://query.nytimes.com/search/sitesearch/#/*/from19391111to19411230/
Amusing claim… May 26, 1940 the French government claimed that Nazi air superiority had been overcome…. this was 1 day before the emergency evacuation at Dunkirk of the defeated Allied armies. Less than a month later the French would surrender.
Crazy the amount of poor quality information that comes about a topic the day of.
I am trying to reflect on who I am each day to find ways to improve. I am looking back at a closer time, 6 months ago now.
January 1st, Laurel and I hung out with Jeremy and his girlfriend Dorothy:
We had dinner and played Exploding Kittens, a card game.
I set a personal goal for myself of being able to get 100 points on the Marine Fitness Test which means running 3 miles in 18 minutes (I am not remotely close to this lol), do 20 pullups (I can do maybe 12), and 100 crunches.
Jordan and I were super stressed out by a legal case which we went on to win fortunately.
Laurel and I emailed back and forth about our relationship. As usual, Laurel was more reasonable in her emails than I was.
We were trying to figure out how to deal with the visibility of docs in our Drive… we now have several hundred thousand and it is hard to control access.
Laurel and I decided on getting a rubber wedding ring for me. I seem to have lost one on our honeymoon now in Kauai, but fortunately I have 5 more at home.