Let me start out by saying that I love America. We have one of the best meritocracies in the world. I am angry though that this is being subverted by our ruling class.
Once there was a time where a hard-working kid could rise from poverty to power. Social mobility is decreasing though due to selfish scum who are putting their own interests ahead of those of the country.
“Special Interests” is a polite term for the ruling selfish scum who have been undermining the ability of fresh faces to rise.
You can read the evidence yourself here:
America once led the world in social mobility – it’s how we rose from a small backwater nation of immigrants to the most powerful country on earth. Anyone with the right skills and motivation could build a titanic corporation or become President.
Now Special Interest Scum at every level are undermining the ability of the American entrepreneur to rise. Examples are everywhere:
- Large corporations expanding patent law and expiration periods, making it impossible for little guys to compete
- The Presidency being handed to friends and relatives (Bush Jr from Bush Sr, Hillary from Bill, Trump from his dad’s wealth)
- News organizations purposefully spreading misinformation and outright lies with social engineering. Fox News is by far the worst perpetrator here – We are a country of over 300 million people, but Fox News feeds it’s readers a steady diet of outrage. Go to their homepage now (whenever you read this). You are almost guaranteed to see stories of teachers having sex with students, blacks / hispanics who killed or hurt someone somewhere, some weirdo liberal saying something extreme, lots of one-sided opinion pieces, etc. You can’t help but get angry at someone reading it. More often than not you will be angry at liberals.
- Baby boomers that keep voting themselves more entitlements and benefits (Social Security, Medicare, welfare, failed foreign military adventures) that my generation will have to pay for and won’t be able to partake in.
- Scumbag rich kids who inherit their parents wealth and use legal means to prevent others from building their own wealth.
- Cities that pass NIMBY laws, preventing future growth and improvements.
- Our Founder’s specifically banned a standing army for a reason – it is incredibly expensive, it is incredibly dangerous to it’s own people, and it is tempting to use it just because you have it. Instead we have a massive industrial complex that feeds off government handouts for boondoggles like the F-35, a $43 million gas station in Afghanistan, training troops that have killed Americans in the Middle East, and countless more.
- Well organized attacks against revolutionary tech companies, such as Russia’s current persecution of Facebook and Google
- Foreign companies stealing US companies IP with impunity (see Google vs China, and the US governments total incompetence)
- US companies enforcing ridiculous IP against foreign nations, preventing them from building their own economies.
- Foreign nations like Venezuela and Mexico that “nationalized” / stole the massive investments in infrastructure companies like Exxon put into them.
- US politicians attempting to legislate morality
We need to return to Milton Friedman and Adam Smith economics and laws. That means we need to join together to crush the current ruling class and it’s scummy special interests that have their foot on the throats of ordinary American workers and the entrepreneurs amongst them.