How do you prevent burn out when you work 7 days a week? I generally work every day including weekends, and many days I’ll put in very long hours. This can cause physical effects like blurry eyes, sore / stiff back, lack of flexibility. It can also cause mental burn out where you struggle to get anything done productive.
Pushing through the grind / being persistent is the most important trait to achieve success as an entrepreneur. How can you avoid burnout while still driving hard?
I try to mix things up for myself a little bit:
- My most productive hours are the morning when I first get up, so I try to get in a few hours of hard charging work right away.
- Naps are incredibly important for refreshing your brain to keep going
- Working out is a necessary way to relieve stress and get out from in front of your computer screen.
- Social interaction is huge. I try to call a family member or friend every time I am driving to or from work in my car. Most friends won’t pick up, but I usually can talk to a family member.
- Intimacy with your significant other is also an important way to relax and release and do something not work related.
- Occasional short vacations and longer trips can go a long ways. I usually work every day on vacation / trips, but still do find time to recharge since I am in a new environment. I typically do a weekend trip each month and a week or two every six months. Next weekend I am headed to Bishop to rock climb with friends.
- Drink tons of water. This not only keeps you hydrated, but makes you get up frequently to go to the bathroom. You get a chance to stretch and move around every 45 minutes or so and look away from your computer screen.