The final day of 2013 has arrived and it is time again for me to reflect on how 2013 went.
- The company has nearly doubled in size this year over last year
- We have the best team we have ever put together now
- We had multiple big wins for our clients
- Employee turnover was way too high, Justin is production manager now to assist with improving this problem. I am personally improving my management style and trying to learn how to better inspire and motivate people.
- Our margins have been much narrower than in the past due to our growth, poor scope management and poor account management.
I have improved at rock climbing (able to lead up to half of 5.10cs without rest or falls) and have leaned down to 200 pounds. Ideally I would like to lean down to 195 and lower my bodyfat to 7-8%. I also would like to improve my diet to having 2 60 oz blender drinks each day consisting mostly of vegetables. In 2013, I averaged 1 blender drink four days a week.
Redacted due to request.
Family and friends
I do not spend nearly as much time as I should with my family and friends. I do not see this improving in 2014 as the business continues to suck up more and more of my time. I will have to try to find ways to creatively fit in more time with both.