Frida just got back from dog training and she is much skinnier than when she left. She came back at about 16 pounds and when she left she was 19 pounds. This is the equivalent of a 190 pound person losing 30 pounds in 8 weeks… weird. I am surprised the trainers didn’t feed her a LOT more.… read more “Frida’s Dog Training”
I have been thinking about buying residential property in Los Angeles or Seattle or Dallas. I just went and looked six places today (all condos and one rambler) in Los Angeles.
Here are some of the differences:
- Los Angeles
- Median price: $685,000
- Median price per square foot: $407
- Median sale price vs list price: 100.4% (wow!)
- Average # of offers: 4.6
- Average down payment: 27.8%
- Median price: $250,000
- Average # of offers: 1.3
- Median price per square foot: $133
- Average down payment 16.5%
- Median Sale vs List price 96.9%
- Median price: $475,000
- Median price per square foot: $338
- Median sale versus list price: 100.6%
- Average # of offers 4.3
- Average down payment 20%
Below are my 8 favorite Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts / hotkeys to use:
- Windows key + M minimizes everything on your desktop so you can see the background.
- Windows key + Shift + M restores all the windows you just minimized above (but not ones individually minimized beforehand).
- Windows key + E opens the windows explorer for quick access to files and folders on your computer.
I have been following the strategy of Hire Slow, Fire Fast when it comes to recruiting and have come to realize that there are a number of severe limitations to this strategy. Here are a few:
- If your company’s customer base is growing rapidly, your team of brilliant people can become overworked and demotivated because of it.
In one of the lowest scoring games of the year, Coalition’s basketball team won in double overtime. The first quarter ended at 2-2, there was no scoring in the first overtime and we scored the only basket in second overtime to win it. I think the game was 26-24 at the end.
I have had a Chase HSA for a year and finally actually looked into what they’ve been doing. They charge me a $2.50 a month fee just for having an account (even though I have a high balance)! They also charged me a $20.00 processing fee for simply taking some of the money out! Chase HSA is a huge ripoff and I strongly recommend you not to use it!… read more “Chase HSA Review – SCAM!!!”
Apparently to make a point about these sequestration cuts, the Obama administration has only two air traffic controllers working right now at Los Angeles International Airport. There are hundreds of flights and tens of thousands of people across America stuck on idling airplanes right now. The Obama administration made a giant mistake by making this a political football.… read more “Obama Administration Loses Again”
Obama furloughed air traffic controllers in a politically motivated move that has caused me to lose a great deal of respect for him. He should have made the cuts to social security or homeland security or TSA…. those are all massively bloated bureaucratic agencies. Cutting air traffic controllers will just mess up flights and piss off millions of people.… read more “Obama Furloughs Air Traffic Controllers And Loses My Support”
The last four days spent in Austin Texas have been very interesting and informative. I have learned quote a bit about the city. Here are a few tidbits:
1. People here drink a lot. Half of the city seems to come out to the bars on the weekends and almost everyone I saw as I walked around was drinking.… read more “Austin Texas General Observations”