Below are my 8 favorite Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts / hotkeys to use:
- Windows key + M minimizes everything on your desktop so you can see the background.
- Windows key + Shift + M restores all the windows you just minimized above (but not ones individually minimized beforehand).
- Windows key + E opens the windows explorer for quick access to files and folders on your computer.
- Windows key brings up your metro start screen along with quick search for applications and files.
- Windows key + L locks your computer so when you walk away your coworkers won’t install silly software.
- Alt + Tab cycles you through open windows.
- Windows + P let’s you change your screen setup
- Windows + left or right arrow allows you to cycle through your windows quickly.