I had one of my newest employees, Jimmy, do some research into how ObamaCare will affect small businesses for me. Here is what he found:
- Companies with 50+ employees are required to provide minimum health care package to employees or pay $2,000 per employee per year
- Increased premiums for smaller businesses
- 2.3% surcharge on medical device manufacturers
- Panel of people to determine what is or is not cost-effective
- 2.3% charge on any retired person making more than $80,000
- 16,000 new IRS employees to manage tax bureaucracy
- 10% excise tax on indoor UV tanning
- New health insurance tax on small businesses that is distributed across health insurance providers which will be $8 billion in 2014 and grow to $14.5 billion in 2018
- First decade the health insurance tax will impose new taxes of $87.4 billion
- 1099 reporting requirement requires businesses to issue a tax form for every transaction over $600
- Medicare payroll tax increases from 1.45% to 2.35% for individuals making more than $200k or couples making more than $250k
I don’t ordinarily blog about topics like weight loss or food to eat, but I thought that there is such a huge quantity of misinformation out there by people trying to sell you their crappy supplement or weird meal that I would publish some good information on the healthiest meal you can eat to lose weight fast.… read more “Healthiest Meal To Lose Weight Fast”
Below are all the photos from my rafting trip on July 6th, 2012 with Shawn & Melissa Sturzen and Justin White. It was a lot of fun!
They put the button right next to another one to add a single person you know.
My friend Scott is a hotel concierge at the Thompson. As a hotel concierge he gets invited to restaurants, bars, nightclubs, cruises, plays, shows, surfing lessons and parasailing lessons all for free by entertainment business owners who want him to refer customers to them. Tonight he and I went on a comped cruise in Marina Del Rey… and he won a $100 visa card!… read more “Marina Del Rey Harbor Cruise with Scott”
A couple of weeks ago I visited my Seattle office and worked up there. I also had three fun events: the birth of my first niece, my ten year high school reunion, and a rafting trip with Justin White, Shawn and Melissa Sturzen. Great fun!