Social Media marketing is the hottest new trend in business, but how does it work? Many of us have used the major social networking website (Facebook, Myspace, LinkedIn, Twitter), but using these tools on a personal level is much different than using them on a business level. Below are 7 tips that will help you maximize the success of your social media marketing efforts:
- Plan. Don’t let your excitement about the web and the new technology allowing you to directly interact with your audience make you forget to put in place a good business plan. Clearly define your business goals, objectives and execution process to be successful.
- Listen. Many marketers forget this basic concept and take to spamming their target audience with one-way messages. The most important feature of social media is the ability to have conversations with your customers. They will give you great feedback and your conversation makes for very easy word of mouth marketing.
- Connect with industry influencers. Each industry has its major online players and by reaching out in a polite & sincere way you will gain vital advocates for your brand.
- Build quality content. Just like successful website marketing, quality content is an integral part of social media marketing. You should work on a regular basis to add blog entries, connect with people and comment on blogs/social media profiles. If you don’t engage, no one will find you.
- Use Analytics. Keep track of the way people use your website using an analytics package. Review referring domains and search keywords regularly. Give your customers surveys asking them how they found out about you.
- Create Viral Videos. Videos that are helpful â€œhow toâ€ tutorials for beginners in your industry will help to establish you as a thought leader and will occasionally become very popular.
- Don’t give up! A successful social media marketing campaign takes a lot of effort and time, but if you keep at it and continue to learn more you will be successful!