Updated 2012 Shopify vs BigCommerce review here.
If you are running your own online store, you will definitely want the best in order to excel in the competitive market. One of the things that can ensure you of being a hit with online customers is the efficiency of your e-commerce solution, i.e. your shopping cart. There are so many e-commerce solutions out there, yet, when it comes to choosing the best, some online businessmen nominate BigCommerce while others vote for CoreCommerce. To see other ecommerce solutions reviewed together click here.
So, rather than being misled by what others say, here is a short review of both in order to help you be the judge of which one is the best shopping cart in cyberspace.
BigCommerce is one of the established e-commerce solutions. Over the span of seven years in the business, this shopping cart has grown in popularity, and now has over 40,000 satisfied clients. Some of the features which add to BigCommerce’s appeal include:
- Search Engine Optimization – This feature is definitely what makes BigCommerce stand out from others. The SEO expert, Aaron Wall, is the mastermind behind the SEO mechanism used in the software. Thus, you can rest assured that your online store will have more exposure than any of your competitors.
- Once-Click Shopping: Your shoppers will appreciate the fact that they won’t need to be redirected to different pages whenever they decide to purchase something.
- Enhanced Photo Display: You can upload many photos for your products and then display them in your store. BigCommerce’s system will automatically create thumbnail versions, which will display the larger version in a separate popup window. You clients will also love the fact that they can zoom into the pictures of your products to get a better idea about them.
- Facebook Connectivity: If you’re using Facebook to promote your goods, BigCommerce can allow your fans and customers to directly buy your products from the social media site.
These are just a few of the features which make BigCommerce the apple of online businessmen’s eyes. However, to be objective, BigCommerce has one downfall. The services offered by the shopping cart’s office in Texas are not as good as the Australian one. Yet, that can be negligible with all the benefits in store.
CoreCommerce is one of the well-known e-commerce solutions around. So far, the company has been known to provide its services to important clients such as Clear Channel Radio and Michigan State. CoreCommerce also boasts about providing services to clientele in 50 states and 60 countries. If you plan on using CoreCommerce, you will have access to the following features:
- Reliability: Rackspace, which is one of the best hosting solution providers around, is in charge of keeping stores up and running.
- Category Management: Users of CoreCommerce can have their products categorized properly in any way they want. By choosing CoreCommerce, you will be able to create as many categories and subcategories as you like, have full control over them, and easily manipulate the images of your products.
- Website Look and Feel: This is a great feature for those who do not know much about designing webpages. The software offers an interface that allows you to drag and drop elements of your website to make it just the way you want it to be. You can also design your store’s layout to be easily accessible through your clients’ smartphones.
- Customer Tools: Your clients will have the chance to interact with your e-commerce solution in a way that will make them come again and again to you. Your customers can choose to create accounts or shop anonymously, drop comments for feedback, or redeem any points you may decide to award them.
However, despite these, there are some disadvantages which hinder CoreCommerce from winning the hearts of all. One of the biggest detriments is that the cost of CoreCommerce is much higher than other e-commerce solutions around. In addition, the web design templates offered are not updated nor up to the mark.
Now, the decision is all yours as to whether you want to use BigCommerce or CoreCommerce. However, after a quick look at the above, you must have realized that BigCommerce will offer you great advantages for a price that is lesser than CoreCommerce. Thus, BigCommerce proves that it is the best e-commerce solution around.
One thought on “Battle of the Shopping Carts: BigCommerce vs. CoreCommerce”
Dean VlamisMarch 27th, 2009 at 8:20 am
Comments are closed.