Schools, both public and private, should be able to expel bad kids permanently. Those kids should not have the option to get a free education after that. They could pay a private school if they decided it was important. Bad kids ruin school for all kids.
I am mostly referring to high school ages here.
We need to tax wealth, not income, to increase social mobility. Taxing income hurts entrepreneurs, taxing wealth pushes the idle rich to work harder.
Americans spend more on healthcare but get less for one simple reason. We artificially restrict the number of new doctors each year through licensing and other government regulations, which reduces the supply of medical professionals. When you restrict the supply of anything and demand is inelastic, prices go up.
I am wondering how much it is reasonable for a golfer to improve in six months and also in a year with an hour a day of practice. I have been practicing about that much for the last six months and my handicap has come down from a brand new player level of probably 50 to a 23 now.… read more “Golf Goal”
What am I grateful for from 2018?
- I am incredibly fortunate to be married to Laurel
- Laurel is pregnant!
- We were able to buy a home together
- I discovered the fun sport of golf and joined the club near my home
- The family we bought our home from have become good friends
- Past Joel who worked very hard to build the business and life that made the above items possible.
… read more “2018 Gratitude”