Marketing channel effectiveness in my current opinion:
- SEO – targeted when someone wants you, but much more competitive. Used to be #1 far and away in terms of ROI, now it is pretty close to email and influencers.
- Email – Targeted but hard to get in an inbox without being filtered.
- Influencer marketing / Youtube – pretty good mass market reach
- PPC – very expensive, hard to ROI, but gets in front of those who need you
- Social – not as valuable unless you are a true influencer and even then people prefer channels like youtube. Certain product and services companies do very well here though, so it’s a case by case basis.
- Billboards – unavoidable, but expensive and peoples brains filter things out.
- Radio / tv / newspapers…. steeply declining since people can easily avoid mass ads and those ads have no targeting.