As a child I thought that the happiest lives were the laziest ones… people who were rich and could just relax all day.
As an adult, I have realized the opposite is true. The times I have done nothing have been some of the most depressing times in my life.
The harder I work (as long as I balance that work evenly between exercise, learning, finance, and social / emotional well being), the happier I am.
I rated yesterday (Sunday) a 10 on my happiness scale of 1-10. What did I do?
- Ran 2.5 miles first thing in the morning
- Programmed for 3 hours watching laracasts and refactoring scoretask
- Climbed at Cliffs of id for 1.5 hours with a friend Brett
- Wrote a blog post
- Took a nap
- Worked another 3-4 hours on laracasts / scoretask.
- Watched a movie with Laurel
- Played rocket league for an hour