Below are my tricks for surviving a long flight:
- Try to sleep as much as you can on the flight, but make sure you are well rested prior to boarding. Nothing is more miserable than being exhausted AND unable to sleep on a plane.
- Bring tons of snacks and water.
- Bring a kindle with a variety of books loaded – nonfiction for if you are feeling ambitious, fun fiction for when you just need to pass time.
- Bring your laptop to perhaps try to get work done at first
- If you stiffen up, walk up and down the aisles. Sometimes I will just go stand in the flight attendant area for an hour or so to stretch out.