Coalition has been in business for over 7 years now and tonight I am taking the team out to happy hour to celebrate. Building this company has been the largest project of my life so far. I work on it most days including weekends. Lots of days I put in 11-14 hours. I have dealt with many nightmares (lawsuits, bad employees, bad clients), as well as celebrated many successes (over 70 full time team members now, romylms.com launch, highest ranked on Google for our search terms, best rated on Yelp / Facebook / Google).
What are some of the lessons I’ve learned?
- Nothing is more important to success than perseverance. Show up every day and work hard and grind it out.
- See #1 again and think about it some more.
- Do work right the first time or you will be doing it again and again later.
- Find the right people to work with you.
- Build systems and processes and tools that make work easier.