READ MY NEW UPDATED REVIEW OF SHOPPING CART PLATFORMS INCLUDING BIGCOMMERCE BY CLICKING THE LINK!!!!
Below is my video review of three major ecommerce software platforms: ZenCart, nopCommerce, and Shopify. I discuss the pros and cons of each and my experiences using them.
- charges 1-2% of all transactions on top of other fees-expensive
- Extremely simple to use & nice platform
- They provide hosting
- free open-source ($50 to remove powered by link)
- asp.net (i’m better with .net than php)
- Really great features (one page checkout, affiliate system, easy discounts)
- pretty new and not widely adopted yet
- Unfortunately it has not had new versions released in a while… not great support
- widely adopted- lots of devs who know how to work on it makes it cheaper
- highly customizeable, but difficult to work with
If you are a newbie to programming or ecommerce, I recommend Shopify because it is so simple and optimized out of the box for getting leads through SEO and then converting them via a simple checkout process. If you are a developer and have some ecommerce experience, than you would be happier with nopCommerce or Zen-cart since they are free and extremely customizable.
Please feel free to ask questions in the comments section and I’ll do my best to answer them.