The goal of my investment principles is to maximize the value of my investments over my lifetime. I want a high return with low risk.
Here they are in their current form in order of priority:
- Seek companies that I believe have a high probability of long term (10+ years) success
- The most successful companies are run by their founders on a day to day basis.
- Companies should have a very strong price to sales and price to earnings ratio compared to their competitors and industry at large
- Companies should pay a regular dividends
- Companies should use debt safely and moderately if at all.
- Tax harvesting is okay to use, but making returns should always be the top goal. Taxes are secondary.
- Balance bonds with stocks. Never less than 20% in one or the either.
- Balance domestic with foreign investments
- Investing in my own business is usually the best way to achieve the above goals. Diversification is important though.