When you can’t fire bad apples, you end up with problems like the police force having violent cops or racist cops that make everyone look bad. Or you have teachers that refuse to go back to work even though there are vaccines available to them.
Unions make sense in circumstances where a company has a monopoly granted by the government… For example Boeing.… read more “Unions”
Patents MUST be banned. They cause massive harm and limit innovation and competition.
Marketing channel effectiveness in my current opinion:
- SEO – targeted when someone wants you, but much more competitive. Used to be #1 far and away in terms of ROI, now it is pretty close to email and influencers.
- Email – Targeted but hard to get in an inbox without being filtered.
- Influencer marketing / Youtube – pretty good mass market reach
- PPC – very expensive, hard to ROI, but gets in front of those who need you
- Social – not as valuable unless you are a true influencer and even then people prefer channels like youtube.
… read more “Marketing channel effectiveness review for 2021”
I am an absolute believer in meritocracy and am completely opposed to unfair discrimination in all of its forms. I have always believed in hiring the best person for the job regardless of gender, race, religion or other factors.
My company is extraordinarily successful because I built it to only hire the best people. I don’t care if they are in America, India, Russia, China, Europe, or Africa.… read more “Growing Discrimination in America”
I don’t like investing in the stock market. I know in my own business, if I start selling stock, it’s probably because I don’t think it’s going to do as well in the future as it’s done in the past. I think that’s the thought process behind most companies that IPO. I also think that once you have a founder is no longer running or involved in the business, it’s only a matter of time until the company dies.… read more “Stock Market Crapshoot Casino”
The 4 Cycle Ryobi S430 trimmer does not have a high speed carburetor screw, only an idle screw for adjustments to idle. The Ryobi factory sets the engine to run at a very low speed when at maximum throttle, probably to comply with emission standards. This means you don’t get the power you would expect from an engine this size.… read more “Don’t Buy 4 Cycle Ryobi S430 Trimmer / Polesaw / Cultivator”