I had a serious knee injury on June 2nd. I was in the hospital until June 16. I started gimping along without crutches a little around June 25, and walking a little again by July 1st and got my stitches out around then.
I started to run shortly thereafter and have been improving my pace since then, here is a sampling:
- July 23 – 1.6 miles in 22 minutes (fastest mile 12:52)
- July 31 – 4.5 miles in 44 minutes (fastest mile 11:06)
- Aug 18 – 4 miles in 44 minutes (fastest mile 10:07)
- Sept 5 – 4 miles in 44 minutes (fastest mile 9:27)
- Sept 15 – 4 miles in 39 minutes (fastest mile 8:37)
My goal for this year was to reach a 6:00 mile pace by the end of it in outdoor running. I am still hoping I will be able to reach this milestone!