I received an email from Verizon Wireless saying, “You have 61,600 points you can redeem in our rewards center”, so I happily logged in to redeem my points. You have 7 option categories:
- Sweepstakes – basically you can enter a lotto with up to 25 points a day to win something. Ridiculous.
- Auction – mediocre prizes but you have to stay logged in to the last second of an auction then bid against 100’s of other people at the same time. Waste of time.
- Daily Deals – Restaurant.com gift cards which are totally worthless since these “gift cards” are really only coupons to crappy restaurants.
- Local Deals – Once again just coupons for Del Taco – “Buy one get one free”. Woopdeedoo.
- Merchandise – Your points only get you small discounts on scammy looking goods. “$279 Maui Jim” sunglasses I can use 11k points to get for $166 additional cash. Ugh.
- Gift cards – I can get a whopping FIVE DOLLARS off a $50 gift card?!?!
- Travel – more of the same crap.
Don’t bother with Verizon Wireless Rewards program, it’s a total waste of time meant to make more profit on you than they already are with their service. Total scam. Verizon needs to replace this with a true rewards program – give me $1 off my bill for each 100 points or something.
One thought on “Verizon Wireless Smart Rewards Program SCAM!”
I won a Samsung Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (Verizon), Black 32GB. on the sweepstakes. I don’t think this is rediculous
Comments are closed.